The Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guild's Official Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guild Unity - In-game and on Vent

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Varick

Varick

Location : Ames, Iowa; Stanley, Kansas; Clifton Park, New York

Guild Unity - In-game and on Vent Empty
PostSubject: Guild Unity - In-game and on Vent   Guild Unity - In-game and on Vent EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:33 pm

After the fun day of pictures and trains it looked like it couldn't get any better but after the most recent patch people (including myself) seem to be a little more on edge. I understand the patch completely fucked up the game but we gotta keep cool and continue to enjoy the game.

I think that we should all stay in the same room on vent right up until you join a party that requires specific instruction giving through vent. For Example, if you are running one of the harder missions you may need a private room to communicate so people can hear easier and stay alive longer. But if you are just doing a random ToF runs or just running around completing missions try to stay in the same room and just enjoy the company of everyone. This will keep vent more active and make things a little more light-hearted for everyone.

I'm sure all of you enjoy the company of others just as much as me and I think this will work to all of our benefit.

Also, I would like to publicly apologize to Rious for my rude comment late last night. I took it way too far for just a friendly joke.
Back to top Go down
Emioko

PostSubject: Re: Guild Unity - In-game and on Vent   Guild Unity - In-game and on Vent EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:50 pm

I agree with you VArick..I being one the the peeps that has vacated the main room. There r reasons...i have been sick for the last 2 days, and trying to get sam up to lvl and third which I do not want to go into. Enough said that there are certain personalities that I just dont get along with, every fiber of my being tells me to run AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY... and thats my reasons for alienating myself. I choose not to be around and listen to the garbage that comes outta certain peoples mouths.

One might think...I am the guild leader so why dont I kick these people. Simply put...I dont have the right..its unjust and not fair. Its kinda like working...you no u have to work with the person but hanging out or being friends will never happen.

On another note also about Ventrilo...There are people in ventrilo who have mics but choose not to talk due to shyness. These people r not receiving any help because they dont speak up. I an only 1 prson ad can do only so much. Look around youll see them
Back to top Go down
Varick

Varick

PostSubject: Re: Guild Unity - In-game and on Vent   Guild Unity - In-game and on Vent EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 2:02 pm

Yes, personality does play a large role in how we communicate but I also believe there are ways to overcome that. I think certain people (including myself late at night) need to take a chill pill or something and become a little more relaxed and not quite so loud and/or obnoxious. On the other hand, I feel there are others that may need to express themselves a little more. I know that it can be hard to overcome shyness (I used to be one of the shy ones and only talked to certain people) but sometimes if you just give it a shot things work out for the best.

Also, Naleo made a good point the other day that people in vent don't always pay attention to guild chat. I know that during that day I was arguing for the other side of the debate but I do believe that he had a very good point and me and everyone else in the guild should make a little more effort to keep and eye on guild chat and help whenever possible or even type a quick response letting them know you are busy with something else.
Back to top Go down
Emioko

PostSubject: Re: Guild Unity - In-game and on Vent   Guild Unity - In-game and on Vent EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 11:50 am

GAHHHHH Varick u have described me once again and I feel SOOOOOOO BAd.. I am the 1 that does not pay attention to guild chat. No Ill try harder.

Yesturday was such a nice time I had with all of you on the 3rd mission. This is ganna sound silly but I feel like i was on a pic-nic with my family. bounce
Back to top Go down
Varick

Varick

PostSubject: Re: Guild Unity - In-game and on Vent   Guild Unity - In-game and on Vent EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 1:08 pm

Emioko wrote:
GAHHHHH Varick u have described me once again and I feel SOOOOOOO BAd.. I am the 1 that does not pay attention to guild chat. No Ill try harder.

Yesturday was such a nice time I had with all of you on the 3rd mission. This is ganna sound silly but I feel like i was on a pic-nic with my family. bounce

Hehe, yesterday was awesome. I took some screenies early on it that I'll post up later on here somewhere.

As for Guild Chat, just about everyone that uses vent all the time like you and I doesn't really even notice guild chat half the time so don't feel bad xD

It was just something I wanted to bring to everyones attention so that we don't forget as much hehe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild Unity - In-game and on Vent   Guild Unity - In-game and on Vent EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 5:21 pm

[REDACTED]

Last edited by Naleo on Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Varick

Varick

PostSubject: Re: Guild Unity - In-game and on Vent   Guild Unity - In-game and on Vent EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 7:16 pm

Naleo wrote:
Well, it happened again. First, I was trying to give away some INT/ETH divines I had in storage. No response with 15 members online.

It happened again a bit later in a ToF; basically I had a conversation with myself for 20 floors because no one seemed to notice the lines of text popping up at the bottom left of the screen.

I really don't understand how it's physically possible to NOT notice guild (in this case party) chat. I mean, the text color stands out against the background, the words move...

You need to remember that not everyone has access to a mic. I'm not going to stand for our members being ignored when they ask for help, or even simple discussion.

I think we should plan some sort of guild meeting on vent in order to get everyone on the same page and to get them to understand that there are certain things that do need to be done in order for this guild to function properly, efficiently, and effectively. We need to utilize all forms of communication at our disposal including this forum, in-game chat, and vent.

Although I'm not particularly fond of requirements I think they do help in some cases. For example, I think it should be required to be registered to this forum and to check it at least once a day. It's not a huge request or anything like that but I think it would help us out immensely.

Improving our communication with one another with inevitably improve our unity and that is what we are striving for. A unified guild is a strong guild and a strong guild is what it takes to be #1.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Unity - In-game and on Vent   Guild Unity - In-game and on Vent Empty

Back to top Go down

Guild Unity - In-game and on Vent
Page 1 of 1